SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- DCWV® 12"x12" Kidlet stack
- 12"x12" brown cardstock sheet
- Two 4"x6" photos (1 horizontal & 1 vertical)
- Small clear buttons (at least 9)
- Green adhesive pearl embellishments
- Teal green embroidery floss
- 1-1/2" paper crafting circle punch
- 2" scalloped circle paper crafting punch
- Border punches (to add decorative edge around the photo)
- Green ink pad
- Paper trimmer
- Paper crafting adhesive (including adhesive foam squares and glue dots)
- Paper crafting pen
1. Take out 2 prints from the stack. Cut the 1st to 11"x12" and the 2nd to 12"x3". Ink around the edges of the 2nd strip and adhere it horizontally to the center of the 1st. Adhere this grouping to the center of your brown cardstock sheet.
2. Wrap 4 strands of floss around one side of the horizontal photo and secure them in place. Adhere this to a piece of printed paper and cut out, leaving a 1/4" border on all sides. If desired, trace around the edges of the photo on the printed paper with your paper crafting pen to add extra emphasis to the image. Adhere this to the top left area of the page.
3. Take the remaining photo and adhere it to the same print used to mat the 1st. Add a border using border punches to the top 3 edges, leaving the bottom as a straight edge. Adhere this to the middle right area of the page.
4. Cut out a tag from one of the pages in the stack. Trace around the outside edges with paper crafting pen to give further emphasis to the tag. Adhere it flush with the left side of the page, 1" down from the top of the middle strip. Cut out letters from the stack for a title and adhere them to the tag with adhesive foam squares.
5. Create a banner by cutting out pennants from the desired print and words from another print. Punch out owls from yet another print and scalloped circles as well. Ink around the edges of the owl circles and then layer them on the scalloped circles using adhesive foam squares. Attach these, along with the pennants, to a section of embroidery floss. Finish by adhering this across the bottom of the page.
6. Be sure to add a layered owl and scalloped circle to the horizontal photo to cover up any loose ends of embroidery floss.
7. Complete the page by embellishing the banner and owls with pearls and buttons.