1 Sheep, 2 Sheep Wall Hanging
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Jelly Roll Strips (6)
- Backing fabric 13" x 23" rectangle
- 1/8 yd binding fabric
- Black felt 5" square
- Pellon® Perfect Loft™ Cluster Fiber Fill Four ounces
- 1/4 yd Pellon® 542 Stick-N-Washaway™
- 1/8 yd Pellon® Cheesecloth
- Legacy™ By Pellon® Bamboo Batting 13" x 23" rectangle
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Iron & pressing surface Wall hanging measures 12-1/2" x 22-1/2"
- To print the templates, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above).Print and cut out. Enlarge as needed.
- Trace the large sheep body template onto the Stick-N-Washaway™. Peel the paper o the Stick-N-Washaway™ and place the sticky side down on a clean flat surface. Layer the fiberfill over the Stick-N-Washaway™ covering the entire surface.
- Cut out one 11" x 8" rectangle of cheesecloth. Place the cheesecloth on top of the fiberfill. Lift the edges of the Stick-N-Washaway™, tucking the cheesecloth under so that it adheres to the Stick-N-Washaway™.
- Repeat these steps for the bodies of the other two sheep sizes using one 9" x 7" rectangle of cheesecloth for the medium sheep and one 7" x 6" rectangle of cheesecloth for the small sheep.
- Make the white heads using the same steps for all three sheep using one 5" square of cheesecloth for the large sheep, and one 3" square each for both the small and medium sheep.
- Use the jelly roll strips to piece a background that measures 12" x 22". One idea is to sew all strips together, slice and restitch a few times to get a random pattern.
- Quilt and bind.
- Cut out the templates for the faces and ears. Cut black felt pieces following the directions on the template page.
- Cut twelve 1” x 1/4” rectangles from the black felt for the feet.
- Place the bodies on the background, tucking the black felt feet under the edges. Pin and stitch 1/4" in from the edge of the body.
- Place the ears, face and head pieces on and glue into place.