SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- RS = Right side(s) WS = Wrong side(s)
1/2" seam allowance
- Cut 4 pieces 15"x21" for tote front, back, and lining.
- Cut 2 pieces 4"x21" for handles.
- Cut out a 2-1/2" square from the bottom corners of tote and lining.
- With RS together, sew sides and bottom of tote.
- Press seams open.
- Fold bottom corners together, matching seams; stitch.
- Repeat with lining; leaving an opening in the bottom for turning.
- For handles, fold 4"x21" piece in half; press.
- Open and fold edges to center; press to 1"x21".
- Edges stitch both long edges.
- Find center of tote top; measure out 3" on each side; mark.
- Baste handles over mark.
- With RS together, sew tote top to lining top.
- Turn right side out; press lining to inside.
- Edge stitch around top.
- Slip stitch opening closed.