2-in-1 Queen & Witch Costume
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- McCall's pattern 2853
- 11 yds satin, black
- 5-1/2 yds satin, gold
- 3/4 yd felt, black
- 3/4 yd interfacing
- 3 feather boas, white with gold
- 1 pkg single-fold bias tape, black
- 25 size 2 snaps
- 3 yds cord for belt, gold
- 1 coat hook & eye
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & ironing surface
WITCH: Wear finished cape on the black side without snap-on boa and hood.
QUEEN: Wear finished cape on gold side with snap-on hood and boa. Add a glittery tiara if desired.
DRESS: Sew tunic view A from pattern with wrong side of black satin as right side.
HAT: Make hat from black felt following pattern. Add 4" band of gathered gold satin.
- Follow pattern view A, cutting one gold cape and one black cape.
- Stitch each center back seam and sew each cape front to the backs.
- Pin gold and black capes right sides together and stitch bottom and both fronts.
- Turn right side out and stitch black bias tape to top at neck edge. Add hook.
- To add boa trim for queen, sew snaps 6" apart on gold side of cape front edges.
- Cut boa to fit front sides and sew other side of snaps 6" apart on boa.
- Cape hood:
- From gold satin, cut two hood pieces following pattern piece #2. Sew center back seam on each piece.
- With right sides together, sew front edge and neck leaving a small opening at neck edge.
- Turn, press and stitch neck closed. Sew 5 snaps to neck of hood and neck of cape.
- Sew feather boa to front edge of hood.