3-Color Ombré Altered T-shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One Step Tie-Dye Kit® Ice Cream Shoppe
- White 100% cotton T-shirt
- Large paintbrush
- Bowls for dye colors
- Large water bowl
- Disposable plastic table cover
- Wash shirt and leave damp. Lay out flat and smooth out wrinkles.
- Mix desired dye colors and pour each into a bowl. Colors used here are Strawberry, Bubblegum, and Raspberry. Fill water bowl and have ready on work surface.
- Dip paintbrush into first color and brush onto hem of shirt, blending upward. Brush on more dye or water as needed to blend color.
- Rinse brush and apply second color to midsection of shirt, blending into first color and also upward, adding more dye or water as needed to blend color.
- Rinse brush and apply third color to shoulders of shirt, and blend downward into middle color. Add additional dye or water as needed to blend colors.
- Allow shirt to set over night or for time suggested in package instructions.
- Rinse shirt under running water to remove excess dye. Wash and dry shirt as fabric requires.
- Use scissors to alter shirt as desired.