3-D Cat on Canvas
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 10"x10" canvas
- Acrylic paint: navy
- Folk Art® Home Decor™ Chalk: Salmon Coral or color of choice
- Craft knife & cutting mat
- Replacement blades for craft knife
- 18"x 24" black foam core
- Provided template
- Papercrafting paper with gold printed design
1. To download the template, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above). Scale and print out.
2. Paint the canvas navy blue. Apply additional coats as necessary. Allow to dry between coats.
3. Paint foam core Salmon Coral. Paint both sides of the foam core. Apply additional coats as necessary. Allow to dry between coats.
4. Cut out the template shapes. Lay shapes on the painted foam core, tracing each one with a pencil.
5. Cut out each shape, changing knife blade often to keep a clean cut line.
6. Paint the edges of the exposed black foam core Salmon Coral. Allow to dry.
7. Cut piece #1 (base) out of paper and adhere to foam core.
8. Glue the base down on the canvas first and allow to dry.
9. Glue the cat head, starting from the back to the front nose piece.
10. Lay down two spare small pieces of foam core on either side of the profile spine #2 piece standing up perpendicular. Slide on the first piece #3 with glue in the seam onto the profile spine piece #2. This will be piece # 3. Place 2 small pieces of foam core on either side of the profile spine #2 and on top of #3. Make sure the small pieces do not touch the glued spine #2. Put a small amount of glue in piece #4 and slide onto the profile spine. Do this process until the cat head is completed. The foam core pieces are just for support until it dries; emove them to show the spacing in the layers.
11. Once the pieces are dry, glue the entire cat onto the base piece.
12. Touch up any places as necessary with Salmon Coral.