3-D Easter Bunny Cookie
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® foodcrafting supplies:
- 4-Pc. Bunny Nesting Metal Cookie Cutter Set (third largest used)
- Round Double Cut-Outs Set (straight side of cut-out “D” used)
- 14"x20" Jumbo Cookie Sheet
- 10"x16" Cooling Grid
- White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing — 4.5 lb. Tub
- Icing Colors: Pink, Black
- 12" Disposable Decorating Bags
- Decorating Tips: 3, 6, 2A
- Standard Coupler
- Favorite roll-out cookie recipe
- Rolling pin
- Food-safe scissors
- Mini marshmallows
- Make cookies. Prepare and roll out dough following recipe directions. Use third largest bunny cutter and round cut-out to cut shapes. (You will need five round cookies for each 3-D bunny.) Bake cookies and allow to cool completely.
- Decorate bunny face cookies. Tint portions of decorator icing pink and black. Reserve some white. Use tip 3, a cut disposable decorating bag and black icing to pipe outline smile and dot eyes. Use tip 6, a cut disposable decorating bag with coupler and pink icing to outline and fill in ears. Use tip 3 and pink icing to pipe nose and outline whiskers. Use tip 6, a cut disposable decorating bag and white icing to pipe swirl between ears for fur.
- Make bunny bodies. Use tip 2A, a cut disposable decorating bag and white icing to pipe icing on one round cookie. Sandwich together with another cookie. Continue to pipe icing and sandwich cookies together until you have five cookies stacked.
- Assemble bunny cookies. Use tip 2A and white icing to pipe icing on back of bunny face cookies and attach to stacked cookies. Cut three mini marshmallows in half. Use icing to attach to bunny for tail. Use scissors to snip the edges of four mini marshmallows to create paws. Use icing to attach to stacked cookies.