3-D Flower Mixed Media Panel
Supplies & Tools:
DecoArt Americana® 3D Opaque Gloss Enamels™: Festive Green
DecoArt Americana® Acrylics:
- Flesh Tone
- Hauser Medium Green
- Winter Blue
- Pistachio Mint
- Sea Glass
DecoArt Americana® Multi-Surface Acrylics:
- Buff Beige
- Peach Silk
18” x 5” x ¾” wooden plaque
Palette or plastic plate
1" flat brush
½” flat brush
Old book pages (optional)
Brown paper (brown)
Black pen or marker
Tissue paper (optional)
NOTE: Allow to dry completely between painting steps.
- Put coat of Bittersweet on entire wooden plaque using 1” flat brush.
- Glue pieces of newspaper onto entire bottom of surface. (This doesn’t have to be perfect; make occasional wrinkles and tears.)
- Coat surface in Almond. Let dry. Apply thin coat of Sea Glass, allowing some Almond to show through. (Water down paint if necessary to achieve look.)
- Lay out 3-D flowers in arrangement. (Do NOT glue down. This is only for you to create layout for piece.)
- Tear two long, narrow pieces of cardboard, exposing corrugation inside. Cut cardboard to fit surface and layer accordingly (taking into account layout of flowers). Paint cardboard Pistachio Mint. Let dry. Paint thin layer of Hauser Medium Green, leaving bottom color partially exposed. Set aside.
- Cut small piece of lace to fit surface; pull end to make more distressed look. Paint lace Winter Blue. Let dry. Do thin layer of Almond in scattered areas. Set aside.
- Mark where flowers are currently placed. (This is where stems will begin.) Set flowers aside. Paint stems of flowers onto surface, first using Hauser Medium Green. While this is wet, do small areas of Bittersweet. Let dry.
- Using Festive Green 3-D Opaque Writer, apply small amounts to stems for dimension.
- While stems are drying, paint 3-D flowers using ½” brush. Paint flowers in Buff Beige, Peach Silk, Almond, and Flesh Tone, as you like. Apply two coats if needed.
- After all pieces are dry, assemble. Glue down lace, cardboard, and flowers.
- Tear small strip of brown paper. Crumple to add texture. Brush on watered down Bittersweet to create distressed look.
- Touch up surface border with Bittersweet as needed.
- Using pen or marker, write “blossom” in loose cursive on brown paper strip. Glue down.
- When working step 2 above, use straight edges/corners of newspaper on straight edges/corners on surface to create clean edge.
- If desired, use tissue paper and Festive Green 3-D Opaque Writer to create texture.