3 Part Bulletin Board
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Shimmer Metallic: Black
- ColorMaster™ Enamel: Sea Glass, Smoke Gray
- Chalkboard paint: Black
- Indoor/Outdoor Primer: Gray
- Pine plywood: 5/8"x8-ft
- 21?2-ft x24" plated steel sheet metal
- 1/4" 4x4 birch wood
- 3/8-ft of 1/2" half-round molding
- Nail gun & brads
- 12"x18" cork sheet
- Black grosgrain ribbon
- Construction adhesive, contact cement
- 3 galvanized tin containers
- Three 1" magnets
- 9 super-strong magnets
- Miter or chop saw
- Masking tape
- Tack cloth
- Steel wool
- Lint-free cloth
Plywood: 1 each, 42"x18",16"x18",14"x18"
(1) 16"x18",14"x18" (6) 1/4"x18"(2) 1/4"x16", 1/4"x12" & 1/4"x14"
Miter the ends of each 1/4" with so they fit tightly to frame in the three sections of the bulletin board.
1. Apply the birch pieces to either ends of 1/2" plywood with glue & brads.
2. Apply the cork between those pieces with contact cement.
3. Miter the ends of the half-round molding so they fit tightly to frame in the 3 sections of the bulletin board.
4. Sand the wood surfaces.
5. Remove sanding dust with tack cloth.
6. Mask off the cork.
7. Paint the exposed wood with gray Indoor/Outdoor Primer. Allow to dry.
8. Paint the trim & edges with black Shimmer Metallic. Allow to dry.
9. Paint the metal pieces with gray Indoor/Outdoor Primer. Allow to dry.
10. Paint one piece of metal with black chalkboard paint. Allow to dry.
11. Paint other piece of metal with
Smoke Gray ColorMaster™ Enamel. Allow to dry.
12. Weave & wrap ribbon around the Smoke Gray metal piece. Attach with contact cement.
13. Unmask the cork.
14. Adhere both metal pieces into the end framed sections with contact cement.
1. Tape off clear center section.
2. Remove shiny finish with steel wool.
3. Spray with Sea Glass ColorMaster™ Enamel. Allow to dry.
4. Glue magnets to the back of the tins.
1. Wipe down magnets with alcohol & a lint-free cloth.
2. Adhere to a piece of scrap metal.
3. Spray with Sea Glass ColorMaster™