A Toast to a Sweet Valentine's Treat
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® foodcrafting supplies:Mini Petal Lace Hearts Baking Cups12-Cup Mini Muffin Pan10"x16" Cooling GridRose Icing ColorWhite Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing—4-1/2 lb. Tub12" Disposable Decorating BagsCake Decorating Tip 12Pink Sugar Pearls (approx. 1/2 bottle used for each treat)White Candy Melts® Candy (1 oz. used for 8 to 10 treats)6" Cookie Sticks
- Favorite cupcake recipe or mix
- Food-safe scissors
- Sharp knife
- Jelly candy spearmint leaves
- Plastic ruler
- Wide-rim, plastic champagne glass
1. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake cupcakes and allow to cool completely. Use knife to cut a small hole in bottom of cupcake through baking cup.
2. Tint decorator icing rose. Use tip 12, a disposable decorating bag and rose icing to pipe swirl on top of cupcakes. Immediately sprinkle with pink Sugar Pearls.
3. Use knife to cut candy leaf in half lengthwise. Melt white Candy Melts candy according to package directions. Use melted white candy to attach candy leaf to cookie stick about 1-1/2" from end. Allow to cool in refrigerator until set. Dip end of cookie stick in melted candy into melted white candy and insert into hole in bottom of cupcake. Allow to cool in refrigerator until set, about 5 minutes.
4. Insert end of stick into plastic champagne glass. Fill glass with pink Sugar Pearls.