Add Some Bling Canvas Tote
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Canvas tote
- Everything Mary® Microfiber Handle
- Everything Mary® Magnetic Snaps
- 1 yard trim
- 3 silk flowers
- 1 felt square
- Craft knife & cutting mat
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Marking pencil
1. Cut canvas handles off of tote, leaving 2” of handle on each side of tote.
2. Using the 2” canvas handles as tabs, slip purse tabs in rings of handle.
3. Fold over tab and sew or glue in place.
4. Sew or glue trim onto bag in any design of choice.
5. Using the brads on the back of the magnetic snap as a marker, draw small lines on the tote, to mark where silk flowers will be placed.
6. Use craft knife blade to cut small slits through bag where the brads are lined up.
7. Push magnetic snap through slits, add brad and flatten tabs back to secure.
8. Cut a small circle out of felt, the same size as the magnetic snap.
9. Refer to steps 5-7, using the felt circle and glue, adhere to back of other half of magnetic snap.
10. Glue flower to felt circle, on the snap.
11. Attach the flower to the tote by attaching the two magnets together.
12. Repeat for as many flowers as desired. Flowers can easily be moved around the tote or changed out.