1. Cut 2 pieces of green 6"x6", 1 stitch witchery 6"x6". Press stitch witchery inside of the two green pieces to seal fabric together. Draw a butterfly, making two wings on top and longer wings for the bottom wings. Mark the center of butterfly.
2. Cut 2 pieces of orange and 1 stitchery witchery measuring 6"x2-1/4". Press stitch witchery inside of the 2 orange pieces to seal fabric together. Cut to circles for the top wings and two tear drop shapes for the bottom wings. Press on to wings.
3. Cut 1 piece of green 8"x7" to make inside pocket and shape it to look like a heart cutting off excess. Place butterfly right side up on to dress, measuring down 3" from waist near side seam. Place butterfly at a slight angle. Place center of heart shaped pocket on top of butterfly. Sew a rectangle starting at 1/2" down from the top heart shape to 1/2" short of the bottom of heart shaped pocket. Cut and turn and press pocket open.
4. Cut 1 piece of bias 1-1/4"x6" for antenna. Sew right sides together and turn. Knot both ends, fold in half and sew to top of butterfly.
5. Cut a bias stripe of 1/2"x26" for ruffle. Gather in the middle and sew to the opening of pocket. Sew the inside pocket closed by joining the heart shapes together.
SHIPPINGShipping your purchase is easy at JOANN! Orders typically leave our warehouses within 1-3 business days (Mon-Fri). Delivery date depends on the destination address and the shipping method. You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped.
RETURNSReturns can be made for FREE in any of our stores.