SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Pillar candle
- Candlestick holder
- Hot glue gun & hot glue sticks
- Floral wire
- Wire cutters
- For layered bow: 5-1/2' wired ribbon, 1-1/2" width, metallic green 2‘ ribbon, 5/8" width, metallic gold 4½’ ribbon, 3/8" width, satin red
- For adorned candle: 9" trim, 1/8" width, metallic gold 9" ribbon, 5/8" width, metallic gold 9’ ribbon, 5/8" width, metallic gold for weaving
For layered bow
1. Tie a band around the candlestick using the 5/8" metallic green ribbon. Cut 1 tail leaving one tail to the side.
2. Make a 4-loop bow with long tails with the 5/8" metallic green ribbon & secure with floral wire. Cut wire ends.
3. Make a 3-loop bow using the 5/8" metallic ribbon gold. Hold in place. Create a 4-loop bow including the 3/8" red satin ribbon & secure both of these 2 bows together.
4. Take the double bow and place in center of green bow, Secure by pulling wire tight and twist.
5. Gather 2 of the green ribbon tails & 1 of the red ribbon tails and secure with wire. Hot glue to candle stick.
6. Add 1 2-loop bow using red satin & hot-glue to center of the gathered tails.
For adorned candle
1. Wrap the 1/8" ribbon about 1" from top of candle. Overlap & told ribbon end in. Secure band with hot glue.
2. Repeat using the 5/8" gold ribbon, places as desired.
3. To make the ribbon weave plaiting take the 5/8" gold ribbon and make a loop in the center.
4. Make another loop and bring through first loop.
5. Repeat on the other side continuing making loops and putting them into one another, one side then the next, pulling ribbon snugly, until desired length.
6. Glue send & hot glue around the candle.