Advent Stocking Garland
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Stiffened felt: 3 sheets each red, green & white with sparkles
- Jo-Ann Scrap Essentials Metal Accents, date tags
- Glitter glue: green, red, silver, opal
- Baby: scarlet, leaf green, white
- Medium: scarlet, white
- 1 pkg 9mm red jingle bells
- 1 pkg 1" silver snowflake sequins
- Glitter pompoms: 1 pkg ea 10mm, 1/2"
- Buttons: green, red
- Self-adhesive felt stars
- Cardstock: green, red
- Pearl cotton floss: green, red
- Home Decor cord:
- length of your fireplace, or wall, plus 18"
- Small pompom trim, 1/3 yd each red, green, white
- 2 ft of 3/8" green ribbon
- Tacky glue
- Stocking pattern
- Fine point marker
- Small hole punch
- Needle and thread, red and green
- Circle punch
- On cardstock trace and cut out stocking pattern. Use the pattern to trace 50 stocking shapes on felt. Trace an even number of stockings in each color so they can paired up. Cut out stockings, match with a second stocking, and glue the two together near the outside edges. Allow to dry overnight.
- Decorate each stocking using rick rack, glitter glue, stars, sequins, buttons, pompoms, etc. Allow to dry overnight.
- Arrange the stockings as they will be displayed. Cut 25 five inch lengths of baby rickrack, alternating red and green. For the hanger, fold one 5" length of rickrack and tuck ends inside toward back of the first stocking. Glue in place. Alternate rickrack colors for each stocking and glue them in place. Allow to dry.
- Make a tag out of cardstock for each end of the garland cord; add the greeting (or family name) and the year. Set aside.
- Punch 25 red and green cardstock circles. Attach a date tag to each (1-25), alternating colors. Punch a small hole through each set. Thread pearl cotton floss through each (alternating colors), through the rickrack loop on the stockings and tie in a bow.
- Thread completed stockings on the home dec cord. Knot each end of the cord, leaving a 6"- 8" tail. Pull remaining rickrack and the ribbon through the holes of the tags and tie tags to the ends of the cord.