SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- DCWV® 12"x12" The District stack
- 12"x12" gray cardstock sheet
- 1/8" ribbon
- “missing u" stamp
- Black ink pad
- Cricut® craft room
- Cricut® personal die cut machine with desired font cartridge
- Paper crafting adhesive (including adhesive foam squares)
- Paper trimmer
1. Cut a 5-1/4"x10-1/2" rectangle from the gray cardstock sheet. Score and fold in half to create a 5-1/4"x 5-1/4" card.
2. Prepare the majority of the pieces for the card next. To do this, open the Cricut® craft room and create a window card. Cut the letters using a printed cardstock sheet from the stack in the following dimensions: a—2.431, e—2.028, i-1.14, and o—2.375. Cut a solid panel for inside the card. Cut a yellow window card. Once this is done, cut this in half at the fold line, trimming 1/4" from all sides. Set the other half to the side momentarily. Finish by cutting the shadow letters, 2 of them in a red and 2 in a blue print.
3. Adhere the yellow window to the front of the card, centering between all sides. Adhere the shadow letters to the center of the card in a grid as shown. Adhere the “non-shadow" letters on top of the previous set using adhesive foam squares to hold them in place. Fussy cut a lamp post from a print in the stack; adhere to the front of the card.
4. Tie a ribbon knot around the letter “i". Stamp “missing you" onto a section of the yellow print used for the window. Mat this on a section of the red and blue print and then adhere to the front of the card.
5. Write your personalized message inside and deliver to the recipient.