SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- One-Step Fashion Dyes: blue, turquoise
- Red Glam-It-Up! Iron-On Crystals
- Fashion Art Tweezers
- Red Spirit Fabric Marker
- Cordless Heat-Setting Tool
- Crimson red Soft Fabric Paint
- White tote
- Rubber gloves
- Computer and printer
- Plastic tablecloth/trash bag
- Contact paper
- Black Sharpie marker
- Craft knife
- Washing machine & dryer
- Prewash tote to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener.
- Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth. Lay very damp tote on prepared surface.
- Wearing rubber gloves, add water to dye bottles to line indicated. Replace caps tightly. Shake until dye dissolves.
- Squeeze out blue dye onto bottom of very damp tote. Dye should "bleed" upwards, so make sure tote is extremely damp for maximum effect.
- Squeeze turquoise dye onto section just above blue, extending up toward top of bag, but leaving top white.
- Cover fabric with plastic tablecloth or trash bag. Let sit 4-6 hours. Wash in a large load of water with a small amount of laundry soap. Dry in dryer.
- Use computer to find and print out a large anchor design. Use felt pen to trace anchor design onto contact paper. Cut out with craft knife, leaving outside edges intact. Peel backing from anchor stencil & position sticky side down onto tote.
- Pour a puddle of crimson red Soft Fabric Paint onto foil. Tap sponge into paint and dab into stencil on bag until fabric is completely covered. Remove stencil. Allow to dry.
- Use Fashion Art Tweezers to place red Iron-On Crystals along border of the anchor. Adhere crystals in place with Cordless Heat-Setting Tool according to package instructions.
- Use red Spirit Fabric Marker to write "AHOY" alongside the anchor.