SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Simplicity®/MD trims:
- 6 yds 2" burlap trim
- 4 yds 3/4" chevron twill trim
- 3-1?2 yds 3/16" white twist trim
- 3 yds jute cord trim
- 16" foam wreath
- Hot glue gun & hot glue sticks
- Wood glue
- Large shallow dish
- Tape measure
1. Wrap wreath form with burlap trim; slightly overlap each round. Secure ends with hot glue.
2. Cut four 36" lengths of chevron twill trim. Wrap wreath in 4 equal sections. Secure ends with hot glue.
3. Cut eight 15" lengths of white twist trim. Wrap wreath next to each edge of the twill trim sections. Secure the ends with hot glue.
4. Cut a 63" length of jute cord trim. Pin trim into the shape of the word “Ahoy”. Hot glue any sections together that are touching, such as the stem on the letter “h”. Word should be approximately 16"long.
5. Mix one part wood glue with one part water in a large shallow dish. Cover rope word with mixture.
6. Lay out word as desired on cardboard. Pin in place. Leave overnight to dry. Element will become stiff & keep its shape. Hot glue parts that need extra support.
7. Position word across center of wreath. Secure with hot glue on both ends.
8. Cut a 42" length of jute cord trim. Tie a knot with the ends together to form a loop. Center on top chevron twill trim section. Pull the knotted end through the loop around the wreath to create a hanger.