All That Glitters Cowl
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Lion Brand® Gold Leaf®: White Gold, 3 balls or color of choice
- Lion Brand® crochet hook size P-15 (10 mm)
- Lion Brand® large-eyed blunt needle
- Tape measure
- Finished Circumference About 25" (63.5 cm)
- Finished Height About 10-1/2" (26.5 cm)
- 8 sts + 5 rows = about 4" (10 cm) in pattern.
- BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
- Cowl is worked back and forth in rows, then ends are sewn together to make Cowl.
- STITCH EXPLANATIONS:
- FPDC (front post double crochet): Yo, insert hook from front to back then to front, going around the dc post, draw up a loop, (yo and draw through 2 loops on hook) twice. Skip st behind the FPDC.
- BPDC (back post double crochet): Yo, insert hook from back to front then to back, going around the dc post, draw up a loop, (yo and draw through 2 loops on hook) twice. Skip stitch in front of BPDC.
- Ch 23.
- Row 1: Dc in 4th ch from hook (3 skipped ch count as first dc) and in each ch across - 21 dc.
- Row 2 (RS): Ch 3 (counts as first dc), turn, dc in next dc, *FPDC around next dc, dc in next dc; rep from * to last st, dc in top of beg ch – 9 FPDC.
- Row 3: Ch 3 (counts as first dc), turn, BPDC around next dc, *dc in next dc (FPDC of Row 2), BPDC around next dc; rep from * to last st, dc in top of beg ch – 10 BPDC.
- Rep Rows 2 and 3 until piece measures about 25" (63.5 cm) from beg.
- Fasten off, leaving a yarn tail about 20" (51 cm) long.
- From RS, with yarn tail, sew ends of piece together to make Cowl.
- Weave in ends.
- beg = begin(ning)
- ch = chain
- dc = double crochet
- rep = repeat
- RS = right side
- st(s) = stitch(es)
- yo = yarn over hook
Items in This Collection
Item # prd32555
Available for U.S. Shipping Only