SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Colorbok papercrafting supplies:
- XYZ Chipboard Alpha Punch-out Pack
- Alpha stickers: Cherry Mega Block, Blueberry Dot
- Cardstock: light blue, pastel yellow
- 12"x12" patterned paper: Blue Mini Dots, On the Go, Blue Stripe
- Two 10" wood dowels
- 6 yds white yarn
- 4 yds clear fishing line
- Circle paper punches: 1-3/4", 1"
- Standard hole punch
- Sandpaper or distressing tool
- Acid-free adhesive, tape
- Scissors, craft knife
- Choose 7 to 10 chipboard alphas. Cover both sides of each letter with patterned paper; trim excess. Sand edges smooth. Punch a hole in the top of each letter. Set aside.
- Use 1-3/4" punch to make 25 circles from the blue and yellow cardstock. Punch a hole in the top of each circle. Set aside.
- Punch twenty-five 1" circles from patterned papers. Center & adhere one small circle to each larger circle.
- Place alpha stickers on blank side of each circle, working through the alphabet. There will be a few extra blank circles to use as accents.
- Tie fishing line to each chipboard letter & paper circle. Cut line to various lengths for visual interest.
- Separate the pieces into 2 groups; one group per dowel. Maintain balance in size, shape & number on each side of the mobile. Tie pieces to each dowel; anchor with tape.
- Cross the dowels and wrap around both in each direction numerous times to secure. Wrap the rest of the dowel with white yarn, working from each; tie off in the center. Reinforce the dowels and cover the ends by wrapping the center where the two meet in an X.
- Cut four 12" lengths of yarn. Tie a length of yarn to both ends of each dowel. Raise the mobile; adjust the yarn until evenly balanced. Tie a knot and leave a loop for hanging.