SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- DCWV® Home wood sentiments: live, love, laugh; friends; family
- DCWV® dear jane 12"x12" stack or stack of choice
- 3 shades of glitter
- Scraps of lace
- Word or phrase stamps
- Ink pad
- Craft paint: white, pink
- Additional craft paint for “live, laugh, love" word set
- Modeling paste
- Embossing ink, powder & gun
- Paper crafting adhesive (including glue for glitter & wood)
- 1" foam brush
- Small paint brush
- Small sponge
- Paper trimmer
- Paper or Styrofoam® plate (to use with paint)
- Nail file
- Craft wire
- Craft knife
Live, laugh, love:
1. Draw 3 horizontal lines across the word ‘live" with pencil to divide it into 3 sections.
2. Beginning with the bottom, cover the 1st section of wood with glue and add the darkest color of glitter on top, dumping off any excess onto a scratch piece of paper. Repeat this process with the middle section, adding the next shade of glitter. Finish off with the top section, using your lightest color of glitter to complete the word. Set aside to dry.
3. Prepare to paint the word “laugh" by putting 2 half dollar circles of the main paint color onto the plate in 2 separate sections. Add a half dollar circle of the white paint to 1 of the 2 circles and mix this together. Paint the top half of the word with the lighter shade of paint and the bottom with the original color. Once dry, add polka dots by dipping the back of the paintbrush into the white paint and dabbing it on the word as desired. Set aside to dry.
4. To finish the set, take out the word “love" and ink the entire word using the inkpad. Take out the stamp and embossing ink and add a design to the word. Sprinkle with embossing powder and heat emboss the surface.
5. Once the set of words is completed and dry, hang them together or as an accent in different displays around the home.
1. Turn the word upside down on a piece of patterned paper from the DCWV® Dear Jane stack. Trace around the letters onto the paper using pencil. *note: if using paper with words, make sure the print is going in desired direction before tracing.
2. Cut out letters.
3. Adhere the paper to the wood. Leave as is or distress the edges with ink, a nail file, or glitter and glue as desired.
4. Following the manufacturers directions, cover the top half of the word with modeling paste mixed with pink acrylic paint. Before it dries, add lace over the center as shown in the image.
1. Remove the word “family" from the packaging. Using a word or phrase stamp and the inkpad, cover the letters as desired.
2. Take the same color of ink and a sponge and dab it around the bottom to give more weight to the area.
3. Create flowers using the DCWV® Dear Jane stack. Attach them in place using wire.