Antique Chic Jewelry
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Plaid Prim & Proper jewelry-making supplies:
- Gold jump rings
- Gold findings combo pack
- Floral spray pendant
- Cream pearls with gold fanfold beads
- 2 pkgs cream & pink pearl mix
- 3 pkgs black & purple pearl mix
- Two 20" stirrup chains
- Beading wire
- Crimp beads
- Wire cutters, pliers
NECKLACE: Refer to photo. Note: pink & purple pearls are not used; save them for another project.
- String a small black pearl onto an eyepin, create loop at end. Repeat 15 times.
- Cut a 20" to 25" length of beading wire.
- String a crimp bead, large black pearl, 1 end of small black pearl eyepin, large cream pearl, 1 end of smallblack pearl eyepin. Repeat pattern 7 times.
- String a large black pearl and a small black pearl.
- String a large black pearl, remaining end of last small black pearl eyepin, large cream pearl, remaining end of next small black pearl eyepin. Repeat pattern 7 times.
- String a large black pearl, crimp bead and small black pearl.
- Take end of beading wire and feed it through the first crimp bead from Step 3.
- Take other end of beading wire; string it through the last small black pearl, crimp bead from Step 6. The ends of beading wire should be facing opposite ways.
- Pull beading wire tight, creating the beaded section of necklace.
- Use pliers to flatten & secure crimp beads.
- Pin pendant to beaded section of necklace.
- Cut eight 3" lengths of stirrup chain.
- Use jump rings to attach four 3" lengths to either side of necklace.
- Use a medium jump ring to connect open ends of 3" lengths on each side together.
- String a small cream pearl onto a headpin; create loop at end.
- Cut a 2" length of stirrup chain, with a stirrup link on end.
- Attach cream pearl to stirrup link.
- Use jump ring to attach open end of 2" length to 1 end of necklace.
- Use jump ring to attach lobster clasp to other end of necklace to complete.
EARRINGS: Refer to photo.
- String a gold fanfold bead onto an eyepin, create loop at end.
- Repeat with a black pearl.
- Connect earring wire, gold fanfold bead, black pearl and 1 cream pearl drop together.
- Repeat all steps for second earring.