Antique Lace Jewelry Box
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Martha Stewart Crafts™:Adhesive Silkscreen - Antique LaceGlass Paint -- Gloss Opaque, Wedding CakeGlass Paint -- Frost Translucent, Ballet SlipperGlass Paint Squeegee SetGlass Paint Stenciling SetGlass Patterning Tape
- Glass jewelry box set
- Brush basin
- Paper towels
- Foam plate
1. Wipe glass thoroughly with rubbing alcohol to remove any residue. Allow to dry.
2. Cut out desired design elements. Remove the backing from the silkscreen and set aside to later store the silkscreen. Position silkscreen on glass surface and press in place.
3. Using Wedding Cake, squeeze a small amount of paint onto solid edge of silkscreen. Holding squeegee tool at a 45? angle with light pressure, pull the paint across the opening of the silkscreen. Continue painting until the entire design area has been silkscreened. Set squeegee aside in container of water for cleaning. While paint is still wet, neatly and carefully lift silkscreen by peeling away from the glass surface. NOTE: Be careful not to drag silkscreen while removing it as your painted design may be blurred.
4. Use a pouncer for smaller designs. Pour a small amount of Wedding Cake onto a foam plate. Load the paint sparingly on a pouncer, dab off excess, and tap onto silkscreen. Apply second coat if necessary.
5. While paint is still wet, carefully peel off the silkscreen. Let painted designs dry for 30 minutes before applying another silkscreen. Allow project to dry completely.
6. Wash silkscreens and tools immediately after use to remove excess paint. Do not allow paint to dry on silkscreen.
7. Paint inside of one lid with Ballet Slipper. Let dry completely.
8. All painted glass projects should be cured to increase the paint's durability. Use either of the following techniques:
9. Bake to Cure - Place dry painted glassware into cool oven. Set oven to 350 degress F and bake for 30 minutes. Glass must heat gradually with the oven to avoid breakage. Do not place glass in a hot oven. After 30 minutes, turn off the oven. Allow glass to cool completely in oven. Wait 72 hours before using.
10. Air Cure - Air dry completed projects for 21 days before using.