Measures: 17"x72" [43 cm x 183 cm]
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3 skeins Red Heart® Soft® Yarn: Deep Sea
- Knitting needles: 101?2 [6.5mm] or size for gauge
- Yarn needle
- Tape measure
GAUGE: 18 sts = 4" [10 cm];
21 rows = 4" [10 cm] in Honeycomb Stitch Pattern.
- Honeycomb Stitch Pattern:
- Row 1 (RS): *C2F, C2B; rep from * to end.
- Row 2: Purl.
- Row 3: *C2B, C2F; rep from * to end.
- Row 4: Purl.
- Rep Rows 1-4 for Honeycomb
- Stitch Pattern.
- Cast on 78 sts.
- Row 1 (RS): Work in Garter st for 1” [2.5 cm] ending with a WS row.
- Next row (RS): Work first 5 sts in Garter st, work center 68 sts in Honeycomb Stitch Pattern, work last 5 sts in Garter st.
- Continue working in established pattern to 71" [180 cm] from beg.
- Work in Garter st for 1" [2.5 cm].
- BO all sts knitwise. Weave in ends.
- TIP: Join a new ball of yarn with 6" [15 cm] of yarn left from the old ball; leave 6" [15 cm] tail of yarn with the joined yarn. Weave these ends in neatly on WS of the fabric in zigzag pattern for a few inches; trim excess.
- Beg = beginning
- BO = bind off
- K = knit
- P = purl
- Rep = repeat
- RS = right side
- * = repeat whatever follows the * as indicated
- WS = wrong side.
- SPECIAL ABBREVIATIONS:
- C2F (Cross 2 Front) = knit into front of 2nd st on needle; knit into first st, slip both sts off needle at; the same time.
- C2B (Cross 2 Back) = knit into back of 2nd st on needle; knit first st, slip both sts off needle at the same time.