Art Deco Paisley Pouch
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Premo! Sculpey clay: fuchsia, gold, silver turquoise
- Sculpey III clay: lt. blue pearl, spring lilac
- Studio by Sculpey tools & accessories: acrylic roller, clay knife, Etch 'n Pearl, Bake & Bond, Shape Makers sets -- floral, leaf
- 9"x12" felt sheets: 2 matching, 1 contrasting
- 30" coordinating satin cording
- Fabric glue
- Sculpey oven thermometer
- Oven-proof glass or metal baking surface
- Before adding each clay piece to the base leaf, apply Bake & Bond to back of clay. Preheat oven to 275°F. Test temperature with Sculpey oven thermometer for perfectly cured clay.
- Cut pouch shapes from matching felt. Fabric glue edges, leaving top edge open. Glue cording ends inside top corners of pouch. Cut thin strip of contrast felt color to trim pouch; glue to pouch.
- Prepare clay, conditioning one color at a time. Roll each color to 1/16" thickness.
- Use Birch cutter from Shape Makers Leaf Set II to cut 2 leaves from each of the following: Gold; Silver; Spring Lilac; Light Blue Pearl. Use cutter to trim long, thin edge from Gold and Light Blue Pearl leaves. Press thin strips to outer edges of remaining birch leaves, Gold to Spring Lilac leaves; Light Blue Pearl to Silver leaves.
- Roll long, skinny Fuchsia and Turquoise ropes. Press ropes to birch leaves, Turquoise next to Gold strip and Fuchsia next to Light Blue Pearl strip. Use Clay Knife to trim excess.
- Use Large Daisy Petal cutter to cut 2 Spring Lilac and 2 Light Blue Pearl petals. Press petals to birch leaves, aligning rounded ends, Light Blue Pearl next to Turquoise strip and Spring Lilac next to Fuchsia strip.
- Use Small Daisy Petal cutter from Shape Makers Floral Set 1 to cut 2 Spring Lilac and 2 Silver petals. Press petals to large daisy leaves, aligning rounded ends, Spring Lilac to Light Blue Pearl petal and Silver to Spring Lilac petal. Use pointed tip of small Etch 'n Pearl to make detail lines on visible portion of large daisy petals, as well as on Gold and Light Blue Pearl strips along outer edge of each paisley. Use concave end to make impressions in visible portion of birch leaves and small daisy petals.
- For pearl edge, apply a thin line of Bake & Bond along leaf before adding pearls. Roll tiny balls of Silver or Gold clay the size of the concave end of large Etch 'n Pearl. Firmly press pearls to outer edges of paisleys over Bake & Bond™. Use pointed tip for hole in each pearl.
- Bake paisleys on oven-proof glass or metal surface at 275°F for 30 minutes. Do not microwave. Do not over-bake. Allow to cool completely. Position paisleys on pouch front; glue to felt with fabric glue. Let dry.