SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One-Step Dye™: fuchsia, turquoise
- Tulip® Fine Writers Fabric Markers®
- Tulip® Metallic Black Dimensional Fabric Paint
- Tulip® Surface Cover
- Cotton hobo bag, white
- Cardboard to fit inside bag
- Aluminum foil
- 2 Foam bowls
- 1" Foam brush
- Paper towels
- Scratch paper
DIRECTIONS: For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
1. Wash and dry bag to remove sizing; do not use fabric softener.
2. Cover work surface with surface cover and lay bag flat on prepared surface. Insert foil into bag to prevent dye seeping through to other side.
3. Wearing gloves from dye box, add water to dye bottles to lines indicated on bottles. Replace caps and shake until dye is mixed.
4. Pour out half of each dye bottle and refill with water then shake to mix and dilute each color. Pour each color into a foam bowl.
5. Dip foam brush into the fuchsia dye and make large swirly designs randomly on bag as shown. Clean brush and repeat with turquoise dye.
6. Leaving foil in place, cover bag with surface cover and let set for 6 to 8 hours or longer. Remove foil then rinse thoroughly in warm running water until water runs clear. Wash separately in a large load of hottest water suitable for bag and a small amount of laundry detergent.
7. Lay bag on clean work surface and place cardboard in between layers. Use hot pink, turquoise, yellow and black fabric markers to doodle on bag, adding dots, swirls and other designs as desired around and within swirls as shown.
8. Test flow of Metallic Black Dimensional Fabric Paint on a paper towel. Loosely outline designs with Metallic Black as shown. While paint is still wet, carefully place a piece of scratch paper over lines and gently press to flatten paint. Remove from bag and repeat on another area, using a clean sheet of paper for each press. Let dry completely.