Art Table Cover
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Babyville Boutique&®:PUL to table measurement below + small pieces1 pkg Fold Over Elastic (FOE)Pliers & Snaps - 4 sets
- Dritz&® Sewing Notions:Tape measureMark B Gone&™ Disappearing Ink Marking Pen
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
1. Measure length and width of table and add 16" to 20" to these measurements. Cut PUL to this measurement.
2. On each side of the cover, mark 8" in from each corner. This will be the placement for snaps or FOE straps, depending on table design. Place cover on table. Grasp and bring marked edges together around table leg. If edges meet easily, skip Step 3 and continue to Step 4. For larger or set-in legs, measure to determine the needed FOE strap length, then proceed to Step 3.
3. For each leg strap, cut FOE to needed strap length, then cut in half and set aside. Cut eight 1-5/8" x 2-1/2" pieces of PUL for strap tabs. Fold each tab in half widthwise right side together to 1-5/8" x 1-1/4". Stitch across edge with 1/4" seam. Trim corners and seam allowances and turn right side out. Insert one end of FOE into tab about 1/2". Stitch across tab end to secure. Repeat for all eight FOE straps. Pin FOE straps at marks on cover edge, aligning edges and right sides together; stitch to secure.
4. Turn cover edge under ½" and stitch to hem.
5. Apply snaps at marks or in PUL tabs on FOE straps. Place cover on table and snap to secure cover to legs.
6. Cover can be completely no-sew by eliminating hem edge and just applying snaps at corners.