Artful Flower Fondant Cupcakes
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton foodcrafting supplies
- White Standard Baking Cups
- 12-Cup Muffin Pan
- 10"x16" Cooling Grid
- White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing—4.5 lb. Tub
- Icing Colors: Violet*, Sky Blue*
- 9" Angled Spatula
- Decorator Preferred Fondant: White (6 oz.), Blue (3/4 oz.)
- Roll-N-Cut Mat
- 9" Fondant Roller (purple guide rings used)
- Flowers Cupcake Decorating Set
- Brush Set
- White Pearl Dust Edible Accents
- Pure Lemon Extract
- Favorite cupcake recipe or mix
*Combine Violet with Sky Blue for blue shown.
Make cupcakes. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake cupcakes and allow to cool.
Ice cupcakes. Tint icing blue. Use spatula and icing to ice cupcakes smooth.
Decorate cupcakes. Knead white fondant with blue fondant. Use fondant roller with purple guide rings to roll out fondant 1/8" thick. Use flower cutter and imprint from set to cut out flower design from fondant. Use brush and equal parts white Pearl Dust/lemon extract mixture to paint fondant. Use icing to attach fondant flower to top of cupcake.
Project Tip: Turn ordinary cupcakes into a fondant flower artwork using Wilton Cupcake Decorating Sets and Decorator Preferred Fondant.