Arts & Crafts Wood Clock
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Walnut Hollow Clockworks kit
- Wood trims
- Acrylic paint, 4 or more coordinating colors
- Ceramic beads
- Tacky glue
- Paint brushes
- 3/8" Drill
- Cut wood trims approximately 15" long on a diagonal.
- Paint each trim, not rinsing brush as you add more colors, so there are color variations in each. Let dry, then distress with sandpaper.
- Arrange trims in a pleasing,"rough" oval shape. Saw trims as necessary for the desired shape. Touch up paint on cut edges.
- Drill a 3/8" hole in the centered position for the Clockworks timepiece.
- Cut 2 strips of wood trim the dimension of the height of the clock for backing. Glue the two strips perpendicular to the back of the horizontal boards, spacing them so the Clockworks pieces fit between them on the back. Allow glue to dry.
- Assemble rest of clock, following Clockworks directions. Glue ceramic beads around clock mechanism in position of hour markers.