At Long Last Scarf
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Buttercream™ Alpaca Solid (80% Acrylic, 20% Alpaca; 170gm/130 yds), 1 ball each: Night (A), Light Blue (B)
- Hook: US Size N/P (15 mm) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- Tapestry needle
- FINISHED MEASUREMENTS:
- Length: 56" excluding fringe.
- Width: 8"
- 8 dc x 4 rows = 4"
- Save time, check your gauge.
- STITCH GUIDE
- LDC – Long Double Crochet: dc in ch-1 sp 2 rows below.
- PATTERN NOTES
- Scarf is worked in 2 sections and joined at the center.
- Stripe Sequence for Section 1: 6 rows A, *2 rows B, 2 rows A; rep from * 6 times.
- Stripe Sequence for Section 2: 6 rows B, *2 rows A, 2 rows B; rep from * 6 times.
- Section (make 2; one in each Stripe Sequence)
- Ch 17.
- Row 1: Dc in 4th ch from hook (counts as dc), dc in next 2 ch, *ch 1, sk next ch, dc in next 3 ch; rep from * to end, turn – 3 ch-1 sp; 12 dc.
- Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as dc), dc in next 2 dc, [ch 1, sk next ch-1 sp, dc in next 3 dc] twice, ch 1, sk next ch-1 sp, dc in next 2 dc, dc in 3rd ch of turning ch – 4 ch-1 sp; 12 dc.
- Row 3: Ch 4 (counts as dc, ch 1), sk 2 dc, [dc in next dc, LDC, dc in next dc, ch 1, sk next dc] 3 times, dc in 3rd ch of turning ch, turn – 4 ch-1 sp; 11 dc.
- Row 4: Ch 4 (counts as dc, ch 1), [sk next ch-1 sp, dc in next 3 dc, ch 1] 3 times, sk next ch-1 sp, dc in 3rd ch of turning ch, turn – 4 ch-1 sp; 11 dc.
- Row 5: Ch 3 (counts as dc) , LDC, dc in next dc, [ch 1, sk next dc, dc in next dc, LDC, dc in next dc] 2 times, ch 1, sk next dc, dc in next dc, LDC, dc in 3rd ch of turning ch, turn – 3 ch-1 sp; 12 dc.
- Row 6: Rep Row 2.
- Rep Rows 2-6 until until you have completed Stripe Sequence. Fasten off.
- Weave in ends. Sew sections together with last rows meeting in the center of the scarf and wide stripes at the ends.
- Fringe: Cut 18 pieces of yarn in each color, 16” long. Holding 2 lengths together, fold in half forming a loop on one end. Working along short end of scarf and alternating colors using photo as a guide, evenly space fringe pieces by inserting crochet hook into short end of scarf; from back to front pull the looped end of fringe partially through the edge. Pass the loose ends through the loop being sure to keep ends even. Pull taut.
- ch = chain
- dc = double crochet
- rep = repeat(ing)
- sk = skip
- sp = space