Au Natural Easter Eggs
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 2-1?2 yds. 1/8" jute cord
- 2 yds. 1/8" natural braid trim
- 2 yds. 1/4" flat natural & linen trim
- 1/2 yd. rickrack: Aqua or color of choice
- 1/4 yd. 1/2" Venice daisy trim
- Cardboard egg carton in half as
- Plastic Easter eggs
- 4 rosettes
- Clear fabric glue
- Spanish moss
- 1/2" cluny trim or flat pearl trim (optional)
1. Start at the base of an egg. Apply glue. Wrap with approx. 2 yds. of the jute cord until entire egg is covered. Allow to dry.
2. Wrap the rickrack trim in 2 rows around the center to the egg as shown; glue in place.
3. Wrap and glue the Venice daisy trim between the 2 rows of rickrack.
4. Repeat Step 1 with the natural braid trim.
5. Wrap remaining 1/2 yd of jute cord around the egg as shown. Tie a bow at the top. Secure with glue dots.
6. Do the same process for the flat natural and linen trim, but only cover 3/4 of the egg. Arrange 4 rosettes on the top. Secure with glue.
7. Make as many eggs as desired. Option: Use 1/2" cluny trim or flat pearl trim as embellishments.
8. Arrange the eggs in the egg carton, fill in with Spanish moss as shown.