1. Cover work surface with newspaper (to protect from overspray).
2. Following manufacturer’s instructions, spray large box and small lid with Make It Stone! Metallic Gold and small box and large lid with Make It Stone! Metallic Copper. Allow to dry.
3. Spray (4) 1” and (1) 1-1/4” knobs Copper and (4) 1-1/4” and (1) 1-1/2” knobs Gold. Allow to dry.
4. Choose similar sizes of the same leaf or different leaves for each box. Spray smooth side of leaves with Easy-Tack™ Repositionable Adhesive, following manufacturer’s instructions. Allow leaves to become tacky and then position each leaf randomly on boxes. Press edges down well.
5. Spray large gold box with copper and small copper box with gold (lids do not need painted). Remove leaves carefully – toothpicks are helpful for lifting the edges without harming the finish. Allow to dry completely.
6. Apply a dab of glue from glue gun to center of knobs and white craft glue around edges and press in place. The glue gun will help hold the knobs immediately, while the white craft glue will have a longer lasting hold.
7. Spray boxes and lids with Make It Last!™ Clear Coat Sealer. Allow to dry completely.
IDEAS TO INSPIRE:
* Glue a small pinecone to the lids (instead of a knob) for a handle.
* Fill the large box with potpourri, dried floral materials, branches, or cinnamon sticks. The smaller box is perfect to hold fireplace matches.
* Instead of leaves, use different images to reverse stencil the boxes. Try flowers, geometric shapes or outlines of holiday items (bells, evergreen trees, reindeer).
* Instead of painting the entire box solid around the leaves, just lightly mist the paint for a unique effect.
* Paint several wide frames to match. Display with boxes on a mantel or shelf. Accent with leaves, twigs and other natural materials.