Autumn Leaves Luminaries
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Studio by Sculpey Oven-Bake Clay:
- Butterscotch, Nutmeg, Pomegranate, Spanish Olive
- Studio by Sculpey Tools & Accessories
- Acrylic Roller
- Lift 'n Scrape spatula
- Shape Makers Leaf Set III
- Super Slicer with Comfort Handles
- Antiquing Medium, Chocolate Brown
- Glaze, Satin
- 4 Mini paper bags - orange
- 4 Tea light candles in glass holders
- Loctite Super Glue Gel
- Paper Towels
- Cup of water
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Test temperature with an oven thermometer for perfectly cured clay according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Prepare clay by conditioning one color at a time. Using acrylic roller, roll each color into a 1/8"-thick sheet. Using Super Slicer straight blade, trim each sheet into a 4-1/2" square. Trim paper bags to 4-1/2" tall.
- Using fingers or water mister, very lightly moisten pomegranate colored clay square. Place maple vein texture from Shape Maker Leaf Set III on clay, near one edge, and apply pressure; peel plate away. Make several impressions; do not overlap vein lines. Gently blot excess water with a paper towel. Use Maple cutter to cut one leaf from center of square. Vein and cut Spanish Olive clay in same way; blot excess water with a paper towel.
- Repeat Step 3 using Shape Makers Large Fern vein texture and Small, Medium and Large Fern cutters on Butterscotch and Nutmeg clay; blot excess water with a paper towel.
- Using the Lift 'n Scrape, carefully transfer clay squares to baking surface; return clay cut-outs to storage container. Bake clay on an oven-proof glass or metal surface at 275 F for 30 minutes. Do not microwave. Do not over bake. Let cool completely.
- Use paintbrush to apply chocolate brown antiquing medium to squares. Immediately wipe away excess medium with a paper towel. Let dry completely.
- Use paintbrush to apply Satin Glaze to clay; let dry completely. Use super glue gel to attach clay pieces to bag fronts. Place candles in holders inside bags.