SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- DCWV® Box of Cards: Stripes
- DCWV® Box of Cards: Dots
- DCWV® Template
- 1/2" decorative green ribbon
- 2 gem-covered straight pins
- Stamping or stenciling ink pad
- Foam pouncer
- Paper crafting adhesive
- Scissors and/or paper trimmer
1. Select a card from the “Stripes" card collection.
2. Select 3 cards from the “Dots" card collection. Using the cards from the “Dots" collection, cut 3 strips that are 4", 3", and 2-1/2" in length and between 1-1/2 to 1" in width; one from each card. Angle cut (i.e. dove cut) 1 of the shorter edges of each strip, leaving the other 3 sides as is. Adhere the strips to the left side of the first card, staggering each one along the top edge of card; straight edge lined up with the fold.
3. Place the template on the card where desired. Hold it in place or use small sections of masking tape to secure. Use ink to transfer the word “Awesome" onto the front of the card by pressing the ink pad onto the template/card or by using a foam pouncer to dab the ink in place.
4. Wrap a strip of ribbon around the top of the card, tying it off in the front with a bow. Add the gem-covered straight pins, pressing them through the center of the bow. Note: To avoid movement, add a dab of glue to the ends before pressing them through the bow.