Baby Bird Onesie
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip Fashion Art to Go Kit
- White cotton Gerber Onesie
- Wedge-shaped cosmetic sponge
- Plastic trash bags
- Aluminum foil
- Prewash Onesie to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener.
- Cover work surface with plastic trash bag.
- Wet Onesie then wring dry. Place on plastic. Crumple center strip of Onesie and flatten top and bottom of Onesie to work surface.
- Prepare turquoise dye following manufacturer's directions and squeeze dye on peaks of crumpled area, letting some white areas remain. Fill in remaining top and bottom of Onesie completely with dye.
- Cover with plastic and let set for 4 to 6 hours.
- Machine wash separately in cold water on a large load setting, using a small amount of laundry soap. Machine or line dry then iron smooth. Do not use fabric softener if machine drying.
- Before stamping bird image, insert a piece of foil inside Onesie so design does not transfer to other side.
- Squeeze a small puddle of black paint from kit onto another piece of foil. Tap flat end of wedge-shaped sponge into paint then pounce onto raised surface of bird design, applying an even coating of paint, and adding more paint as needed for a smooth coat. Position stamp onto Onesie, pressing back of stamp with even pressure. Remove stamp and let dry.
- Wait 72 hours before washing. Machine wash warm on gentle cycle. Do not use harsh detergents or bleach. Remove promptly and line dry. To iron, turn garment inside out, being careful not to touch design with iron. Do not dry clean.