1. Use ruler and pencil to measure, mark and draw lines on Styrofoam™ block 1" in from all edges on top. Similarly, mark block bottom. Then on one block side vertically mark draw lines 1" in from left and right edges. Similarly, mark other three sides.
2. Use ruler for guide and Foam Cutter Tool to cut along marked lines, about 1/4" deep.
3. Measure and use scissors to cut one 3-1/4"x21" strip and two 3-1/4"x7-1/2" strips of striped fabric, with stripes running parallel to 3-1/4" edge.
4. Align center of 21" fabric strip with top center of Block. Apply line of glue stick next to scored line. Working on top of Block, use Tuck and Scribe Tool to poke 1/4" of raw edges of fabric into scored line. Apply glue stick to opposite scored line and tuck opposite edge of fabric, making sure stripes are perpendicular.
5. Continue to apply glue stick and tuck fabric into scored lines, going down each side and then across bottom. On bottom, trim so that ends just overlap glue in place.
6. With 3-1/4"x7-1/2" piece, similarly cover one of the other sides, gluing and tucking all raw edges. Repeat to cover remaining side.
7. Cut four 2-1/2"x7-1/2" pieces green fabric. To cover one corner, apply glue to long right edge and tuck fabric in place, then glue and tuck left edge. To cover top and bottom corner ends, apply glue, fold and wrap as you would a present, tucking in all raw edges. Repeat to cover other three corners.
8. For giraffe, trace and cut Head and one Head/Neck pattern on chipboard and cut out. From giraffe fabric, cut head/neck and head pieces, 1/2" larger all around than patterns. From felt, trace and cut (same size as pattern) two head/neck (padding), one head (padding), one muzzle and two ears. Set aside muzzle and ears.
9. With chipboard head/neck facing right, use glue stick to attach one felt head/neck (for padding). Place head/neck giraffe fabric, right side down on work surface. Place head/neck, felt side down, onto fabric so that the felt is sandwiched between fabric and chipboard. Carefully pull up edges of fabric and hot glue onto chipboard, an inch at a time, working back and forth on opposite sides, easing or clipping fabric around curves. (Note: Clip right up to chipboard edge, sealing cut with glue if needed.) Keep checking front to be sure head/neck is covered smoothly. To finish giraffe head/neck, use glue stick to glue second felt head/neck to back of giraffe.
10. For horns, refer to photo for positioning and not glue lollipop sticks 3/4" apart, at angle, on front of head/neck, with 2 1/2" extending above head. Hot glue one orange button to end of each horn. For each ear, pinch straight edge of felt ear together and hot glue to on outsides of horns, on front of head/neck. For hair, cut five 2" length brown yarn. Gather pieces on one end and hot glue between horns (on front). Untwist yarn to ravel and trim to points. Add three more 2" lengths for tuft extending up.
11. For head, similarly, attach felt to chipboard for padding and cover with fabric. Hot glue head on top of head/neck, sandwiching glued ends of horns and ears. For muzzle, refer to photo to position at an angle and glue to head, aligning outer edges. For eyes, glue beads about 1/2" apart just above and touching muzzle. For nostrils, glue brown buttons about 5/8" apart, on center of muzzle.
12. For mane, cut twenty 2" lengths brown yarn. Gather and hot glue ends of five strands together. Untwist yarn to ravel. Repeat to make three more five-strand yarn sections. Position and glue mane sections to left edge of neck, evenly spaced. Glue remaining buttons on top of glued ends of each mane section.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>