SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- For tall bag: 1/2 yd brown burlap – cut 1 piece 16"x13"
- For medium bag: 1/2 yd of tan burlap – cut 2 pieces 12"x12"
- For small bag: 1/4 yd of white burlap – cut 2 pieces 8"x8"
- 1 yd of ribbon for each bag
- Iron-on appliques
- Fray Check™
- Iron & pressing surface
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
All seams are 1/2".
Follow manufacturer’s directions and iron appliques to front burlap pieces.
For square bags:
1. With right sides together, sew fronts to backs.
2. For flat bottom, cut a 3/4" square from the bottom corners; bring seams together and stitch.
3. Fold top edge down 1" to inside; turn under 1/4" and stitch.
4. To make slits for ribbon, just below top hem carefully cut 1" slits into bag approximately every 2". Saturate around slit with Fray Check™ and allow to dry.
5. Weave ribbon in and out of slits beginning in front.
For bottle bag:
1. Sew back seam. Press open.
2. With right sides together, match back seam to center front; stitch across bottom.
3. Fray 1" of top by pulling the horizontal threads off.
4. Measure down 4" and sew center of ribbon to center back, bring around bottle neck and tie.
5. Following manufacturer's directions, iron applique on front of bag.