Baby Nursery Accessories
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 yd ea. – of 2 coordinating fabrics for 1 blanket
- 1/3 yd – for 1 burp cloth
- 1/3 yd – for 1 bib
- 1/3 yd – for bib iron on fleece
- ¼ yd – pocket on bib
- Velcro dots.
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron and pressing surface
For blanket – Cut two – 42” x 36” from 2 coordinating fabrics.
- With right sides together, stitch ¼” seam around blanket leaving a 3” opening for turning.
- Turn, sew opening closed. Press.
- Top stitch ¼” in from edge around blanket.
For bib – Enlarge pattern to dimensions given.
- Fold bottom of bib pattern to pocket placement line, cut one pocket placing dashed line on fold of fabric.
- With wrong sides together press pocket and top stitch ¼” from folded edge.
- Tape pattern together at dots.
- Cut 2 full patterns from flannel and 1 pattern from fleece.
- Iron batting to bib back.
- Position pocket on front of bib, aligning side and bottom edges.
- With right sides of bib together, stitch ¼” seam leaving and opening for turning.
- Turn, stitch opening closed. Top stitch ¼” in from edge.
- Sew one part of Velcro dot to bib top at placement mark, and remaining part of Velcro to back of strap.
Burp Cloth – Enlarge pattern to dimensions given..
- Cut 2 – pattern on fold of fabric.
- With right sides together, stitch ¼” seam around leaving an opening for turning.
- Turn, press and stitch opening closed.
- Top stitch ¼” in from edge.