Baby Onesie with Tie Iron-on
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip items: Fashion Art to Go Kit Baby Couture Tie Iron-On Transfer
- White cotton Gerber Onesie
- Plastic trash bag
- Small plastic tub
- Prewash Onesie to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener.
- Cover work surface with trash bag.
- Prepare blue dye following manufacturer's directions.
- To create graduation of color, squeeze blue dye on bottom third of Onesie . Pour half of the dye into plastic tub. Fill bottle with water, replace lid then shake to mix. Squeeze mixture onto middle third of Onesie . Pour out again until half full, fill with water and mix. Squeeze onto remainder of Onesie .
- Cover with plastic and let set 4 to 6 hours. Machine wash with large amount of water and a small amount of laundry detergent. Machine dry or line dry. Iron smooth.
- Place Baby Couture tie transfer design at neckline then iron in place following package directions.
- Wait 72 hours before washing. Machine wash warm on gentle cycle. Do not use harsh detergents or bleach. Remove promptly and line dry. To iron, turn garment inside out, being careful not to touch design with iron. Do not dry clean.
Baby Onesie with Tie Iron-on is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 0 out of 5 by Anonymous from no dyes for baby I haven't tried the project, but I'm afraid I, myself, would never dye a baby's clothing especially a onsie,or, any baby's clothing that would very possibly get wet constantly. You can tell me that dyes are different now and don't run, but I wouldn't take that chance on a baby's clothing. Just a 68 year old grandma's opinion.
Date published: 2009-03-14