SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- FloraCraft&® foam balls: 4“
- Eyelash yarn - chocolate
- Felt: yellow, tan, brown & orange
- Buttons: 1/2“ black
- Sequin pins – silver (optional)
- Serrated knife
- Low-temp glue gun
- Plastic-bristled hairbrush
1. Use the serrated knife to cut 1/3 of the ball off one side. This will be the front of the owl. Lay the ball cut side down and cut a small section off one side of the ball. This creates a flat spot on the bottom so the owl will sit upright.
2. Glue one end of the yarn to the bottom of the ball. Hold the ball with the front facing forward. Begin wrapping the yarn around the ball. Turn the ball clockwise while wrapping, keeping the yarn running in the same direction around the ball. While wrapping, be sure not to overlap all the yarn at the center of the ball as this will create a lump at the center. Instead, overlap the wraps of yarn randomly across the front of the ball. Continue wrapping to completely cover.
3. Cut two 1“ circles from the tan felt and glue in place on the front of the owl for eyes. Cut two 3/4“ yellow felt circles and glue to the centers of the tan circles. Glue two 1/2“ black buttons to the yellow felt circles.
4. Optional: Insert a silver sequin pin into the bottom hole of the button to add some sparkle to the eyes.
5. Cut a small, yellow felt triangle and glue just under the eyes for the beak.
6. Cut two brown felt triangles that measure about 1-1/2“ on each side. Fold the triangles in half and glue along one edge to create two cones. Glue the glued edge of the cones to each side of the head as shown for the ears.
7. Use the hairbrush to lightly “fluff“ the yarn strands free. Brush in the same direction as the wraps of yarn to avoid pulling any strands loose.
Customers Who Viewed this Product, Also Viewed these Products