Baby Pin Onesies
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Yudu Personal Screen Printer
- Ink: pastel set, silver
- Registration panels
- Adult T-shirt platen
- Cricut Expression Personal Electronic Cutter
- Cricut New Arrival cartridge
- Black cardstock
- White Gerber Onesies garment
- Clear tape
- Using Cricut Expression machine, New Arrival cartridge & black cardstock, cut one 2-1/2" <sftypn>. Cut tops off safety pins.
- Prepare 2 sheets of emulsion & screens as directed in Yudu user manual.
- Register artwork. Press light table button. Place 1st registration panel on registration posts. Attach bottoms of the safety pins to the registration panel with clear tape.
- Place 2nd registration panel over 1st design layer. Arrange tops of safety pins to align with the bottoms. Tape tops to the 2nd registration panel.
- Remove the registration panels & burn each piece on separate transparencies.
- Rinse design areas on screens as directed. Allow screens to dry.
- Put Onesies garment on platen & secure. Tape sides of garment to platen. Slide a piece of cardstock inside garment to prevent ink seeping through.
- Put screen with the bottom half of the pins on Yudu machine. Place a generous bead of silver ink above design area.
- Flood design. Pull design twice before lifting lid, to remove and clean screen. Do not remove garment from platen. Allow garment to dry before moving on to 2nd layer.
- Put 2nd screen on Yudu machine. Tape off the tops of all pins but one. Place a small amount of lavender ink above design area and repeat the pulling process.
- Repeat above step with the other 2 pin tops using pink ink for 1 and sky ink for the other.
- Heat set Onesies garment as directed in user Yudu manual.