Babyville Boutique® Chevron Print and Ribbon Tote
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Babyville Boutique®:Two – 12"x15" rectangles Chevron Print Fabric for toteTwo – 3"x21" lengths Little Bird Print for straps7" square of solid color PUL fabric for pocketApplique2 yd. – 5/8" wide Little Birds Ribbon1/2 yd. – 3/8" wide Little Birds Ribbon
- Scrap of jumbo rick rack (optional)
- Hair clip (optional)
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
1/2" seam allowance unless otherwise noted.
1. Fold strap pieces in half, right sides together, stitch with 1/4" seam allowance along one short side and long edge. Turn to right sides. Press lightly and topstitch along edges. Set straps aside.
2. Lightly press under edges of pocket fabric being careful that iron does not touch the laminate side of the PUL. Stitch rickrack to top edge if desired. Stitch appliqué to pocket front. Stitch pocket to right side of one tote fabric.
3. With right sides together, stitch tote at 15“ sides and at 12“ bottom. Trim corners diagonally and turn to right side.
4. Hem top edge of tote. Stitch straps to tote at top about 2" in from side seams. Stitch ribbon around top edge.
5. Make bows from remaining 5/8" ribbon and 3/8" ribbon. Glue bows together. Stitch bow to tote or if desired glue bow to hair clip and clip to tote.