Babyville Boutique Mod Girl Ribbon Onesies
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Babyville Boutique® Mod Girl Ribbon Collection - 1 Spool
- Glasshead Pins
- Fray Check™
- Mark B Gone™ Disappearing Marking Pen
- 6? Omnigrid® Ruler
- Seam ripper
- Fabric glue stick
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- White Baby Onesie – prewashed & dried
1. Using the ruler and Mark B Gone™ pen, draw a diagonal line on prewashed and dried onesie from outermost left sleeve shoulder lap (mid shoulder sleeve area) to approximate waistline at opposite side.
2. Using the seam ripper, open side seams 3/4? at line drawn at shoulder sleeve and at opposite side waistline.
3. Cut 5/8? Mod Girl ribbon to go across diagonal line, plus 2”. Position and pin ribbon along diagonal line.
4. Cut four 2? pieces of 7/8? wide ribbon and five 2? pieces 3/8? wide ribbon. Fold ribbon in half, glue raw edges together to create a ribbon loop.
5. Tuck raw edges of loops under diagonal ribbon, alternating 3/8? and 7/8? ribbon loops. Pin in place.
6. Insert ends of 5/8? diagonal ribbon through seam openings at sleeve and right waist.
7. Stitch along both edges of diagonal ribbon to attach to onesie, making sure ribbon loops are caught in stitching.
8. Turn onesie to wrong side and stitch seam openings closed. Trim excess ribbon and turn to right side.