Babyville Boutique Monkey Ribbon Onesies
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Babyville Boutique® Monkey Ribbon Collection - 1 Spool
- Glasshead Pins
- Fray Check™
- Mark B Gone™ Disappearing Marking Pen
- 6? Omnigrid® Ruler
- Seam ripper
- Fabric glue stick
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- White Baby Onesie – prewashed & dried
1. Using ruler and Mark B Gone pen, draw a horizontal line across the front of prewashed and dried onesie at the approximate waist area.
2. Using the seam ripper, open side seams 1” on both sides at line marking.
3. Cut 7/8” Monkey ribbon to go across onesie, plus 2”. Set aside.
4. Measure vertically from line to top of shoulder. Cut two pieces of 5/8” Monkey ribbon, plus 2” for “suspenders.”
5. Apply Fray Check to ends of ribbon. Position ribbon at shoulder (underneath overlap), then glue and pin to onesie, stopping at marked line at waist.
6. Repeat for other shoulder.
7. Trim ribbon ends 1/2" below drawn line and apply Fray Check to ribbon edge.
8. Stitch ribbon along sides to attach to onesie.
9. Glue and pin 7/8” ribbon across onesie along horizontal line, covering raw edges of ribbon “suspenders.” Insert ends of horizontal ribbon into seam openings; pin.
10. Stitch along both ribbon edges to attach to onesie.
11. Turn onesie to wrong side and stitch side seams closed. Trim ribbon and turn to right side.