Babyville Boutique Owl Ribbon Onesies
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Babyville Boutique® Owl Ribbon Collection - 1 Spool
- Glasshead Pins
- Fray Check™
- Mark B Gone™ Disappearing Marking Pen
- 6ʺ Omnigrid® Ruler
- Seam ripper
- Fabric glue stick
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- White Baby Onesie – prewashed & dried
1. Using the ruler and Mark B Gone pen, draw a line across the front of prewashed and dried onesie about 1” above waist area.
2. Using seam ripper, open side stitches 1” on right and left sides at line marking.
3. Measure and cut 7/8” wide Owl ribbon to go horizontally across onesie, plus 2”. Set aside.
4. Measure down from front neckline to drawn line. Add 2” to this measurement, then cut one 5/8” wide ribbon piece and two pieces of 3/8” wide ribbon.
5. Apply Fray Check to one end of each neckline ribbon pieces. Fold this edge under 1/4".
6. Beginning with the 5/8” ribbon piece, pin underneath ribbing at neckline, centering on front of onesie.
7. Glue and pin ribbon down onesie, stopping and trimming ribbon 1/2" below drawn line. Stitch ribbon to onesie along each side. Bar tack top folded edge of ribbons to secure.
8. Repeat for 3/8” wide ribbon, positioning ribbon 1/4" from each side of center 5/8” ribbon. Stitch ribbon to onesie along each side. Bar tack top folded edge of ribbon.
9. Glue and pin Owl ribbon horizontally across onesie at drawn line, covering raw edges of vertical neckline ribbon strips. Tuck owl ribbon edges through seam opening.
10. Stitch ribbon to onesie. Turn onesie to wrong side and stitch side seams closed. Trim excess ribbon and turn to right side.