Babyville Boutique Pirate Book cover
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Babyville Boutique®:Pirate or Skull PUL – amount determined by bookPirate appliquePirate labels
- Dritz®:Mark-B-Gone™ Disappearing Ink PenIron-On Embroidered Letters, red (optional)
- 7/8' wide ribbon – book height + 3'
- Scissors or rotary cutter & mat
- Omnigrid® ruler, 6'x12'
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron, pressing surface & press cloth
- Ball point pins or permanent fabric glue stick
1. Measure book starting at front right edge, across spine to book back edge; then, measure just the front width and add this to first measurement. Next, measure height of book and add 1'.
2. Cut PUL to measurements above. Fold side edges to laminate side 1/4' and stitch to hem.
3. With fabric side facing book, wrap cover around book, centering book so extra PUL (for flaps) is equal on both sides. Mark where both front and back edges end.
4. On fabric side, position applique in desired location and pin or glue in place. To fuse applique, lay cover flat on a non-reflective ironing board cover. Use a press cloth over applique and press following package instructions. Do not iron on laminate side of PUL.
5. Add name using iron-on lettering if desired, following package instructions.
6. For front flap, fold PUL at mark, fabric sides together, pin. Repeat for back flap.
7. Stitch flap top and bottom edges with 1/2' seam allowance. Backstitch at beginning and end of stitching. Trim seam to 1/4' and trim corners diagonally. Repeat for back flap.
8. Turn cover to right side. Fold top and bottom edges to laminate side 1/2', then stitch to hem. Place cover on book. Note: PUL will stretch to fit book.
9. For bookmark: Position labels together with wrong sides facing, then sandwich top 1' of ribbon between labels, pin. Stitch around all four edges of labels to secure. Trim bottom of ribbon diagonally.