Back To School Wreath
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- FloraCraft® Foam: 14: Wreath
- 12"x12" scrapbook paper (4 sheets)
- Yellow paper
- Chipboard letters
- Paint marker - blue
- School supplies: ruler, paintbrush, glue stick, crayons, scissors, notebook, pencil
- Low-temp glue gun & glue sticks
- Paper trimmer
- Craft knife
1. Use paper trimmer to cut approx. 1"x9" strips from scrapbook paper. To wrap wreath in paper strips, papers will slightly overlap along outside, but will overlap by about half the strips’ width on inside edge of wreath. This allows for even wrapping all around wreath. Apply glue to wreath, going all around wreath for several inches at a time. Wrap paper strip, with ends slightly overlapping on back. Continue going around wreath.
2. To cover letters, apply glue stick to fronts of letters and place onto back of yellow paper. Place paper on self-healing cutting mat. Use precision tips scissors to cut apart letters. Then, use craft knife to cut paper even with edges of letters. Outline letters with blue paint marker. Allow to dry.
3. Refer to photo to evenly place letters at top of wreath. With top 2/3 of letters extending beyond edge of wreath, use glue to attach.
4. Use paint marker to write teacher’s name and class on first page of opened notebook. Refer to photo to plan placement of school items. Use glue to attach.