Ball Jar Plant Holders
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3 Ball Jars
- 3 sheets of decorative paper, 12"x12" sheets
- Red jute
- Green jute
- Tan jute
- Sponge brush
- Hot glue gun
- Jewelry wire, 16 gauge, aluminum jewelry wire – copper
1. Cut each of the three sheets of decorative paper 3-3/4"x12". Apply ModPodge® to the back of one sheet of paper and place around the middle of one of the Ball jars. Repeat with the other two jars. Once the paper is in place, apply a thin layer of ModPodge® over the paper. Allow to dry.
2. Wrap the top third of each jar in the desired jute color, using hot glue in spots to keep in place. Repeat the process with the bottom fifth of the jar.
3. Unscrew the Ball jar lids, and remove the metal seal. Screw the outer part of the cap back on. Cut six pieces of the jewelry wire approximately 12" each. Using two pieces of wire per jar, wrap half of the top of the jar, under the lid, and place the two halves of wire together. Twist until an inch from the top. Repeat on the other side of the jar. Make a loop with the ends of each wire, and use the pliers to wrap the rest of the wire around the base of the loop. Repeat on the other twisted portion of wire. Refer to photo.
4. Cut three pieces of jute approximately 3 feet each. Thread through each of the wire loops and tie ends to create hanging rope.