Bandana Flag Wreath
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- FloraCraft® Foam: 16" wreath
- Bandana Print Fabric: 1 yd. each red, white & blue
- Glue gun & glue sticks
- Paper clip
1. Instead of cutting fabric, tear off selvage (finished edge) by making a small snip with scissors and tearing it off. Repeat on other selvage edge. Then tear 3? wide strips of fabric in the following lengths: Red: Three 45? and seven 24? lengths; Blue: One 45? and seven 24? lengths; White: Six 24? lengths.
2. Wrap 1/4 of wreath with 45” length of blue fabric.
3. Repeat wrapping process with three red 45? lengths until remaining 3/4 of wreath is covered.
4. Create dimension by wrapping, tying and knotting, one at a time, seven blue 24? lengths, around blue-covered area of wreath. Allow strips to overlap on inside and be about an 1” apart on outside of wreath. (Note: Keep tails about same length and allow frayed threads to add character to wreath.)
5. Similarly wrap, tie and knot seven red and six white 24? lengths around red-covered area of wreath, alternating colors.
6. To hang, make small cut with scissors on top back of wreath, closer to inside edge. Separate curved ends of paper clip 1/2?. Insert shorter end of clip through slit into wreath, allowing end of clip to extend out for hanger loop. Secure with hot glue.