Bandana Patriotic Wreath
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1- Hard white foam wreath
- 1- Red bandanna
- 1- White bandanna
- 1- Blue bandanna
- 1- Americana bandanna (stripes with stars)
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Scissors and rotary cutter
- Follow the pattern for the wreath for the placement of your strips.
- Draw the pattern onto your wreath.
- Cut 3-4” wide 7 strips out of the red bandanna, 3-4” wide 6 strips out of the white bandanna.
- Glue the white strips in place not caring to turn edges under. Make sure you pull the fabric tightly around the wreath and using the glue gun to secure the fabric on the backside of the wreath. Trim off edges.
- Start with the first red strip and glue it in the center only at the bottom on the backside of the wreath. Pull the fabric around the wreath making a v shaped strip while also turning the edges under. This way the fabric covers the foam, overlaps the white bandanna and gets wider at the top outside of the wreath and narrow at the inside bottom of the wreath. Tuck under the edges to create a smooth finish edge on the sides of the strip.
- Continue Step 5 all the way around the wreath until you reach the area to have the blue bandanna.
- Cut a wide strip of the blue bandanna to fill the remaining part of the wreath that is exposed and repeat step 5 only with a wider strip.
- Using the Americana bandanna cut out 4” x8” wide stripes where the blue sections are in the bandanna.
- Fold the piece in half and hot glue it down to make a clean edge for the top of the flowers.
- Start at one end of the strip, rolling it and crunching it to create a rosette. You might need to glue it together as you are rolling it to keep the rosette from unraveling.
- To give it dimension glue the rosettes to the wreath to look like a bunch of flowers or the feeling of stars
Items in This Collection
Item # prd52333
Available for U.S. Shipping Only