SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Crayola Model Magic modeling compound: at least two colors
- Plain print bandanna
- 1 pk Crayola Fabric Markers
- Plastic zipper bag
- Pencil with eraser
DIRECTIONS: Refer to photo.
CHECKERS: Make 2 sets of 12 checkers; 24 total. Colors of Model Magic can be mixed for a marbled look, as long as the two sets of checkers use different colors.
- Roll 1 color combination of Model Magic into 12 balls. Press down to make disc-shaped checkers.
- Roll a different color combination of Model Magic into 12 balls. Press down to make disc-shaped checkers.
- Allow checkers to dry for 24 hours.
- Lay a plain print bandanna on a flat surface over a piece of paper. Fabric markers could bleed through.
- Measure and use pencil to mark a checkerboard grid with 8 rows of 8 squares each.
- Outline grid with black fabric marker pen.
- Alternate coloring squares so no square touches another of the same color. Squares do not have to be solid colors. Square can be designed with hearts, seashells, circles, any other icon as long as matching designs are not are side by side horizontally or vertically.